WIN: an alarm that could save your life!
- Credit: Archant
We’ve got 10 to be won
Carbon monoxide can be a killer on boats, especially given that it’s colourless and odourless – and one of the best ways to combat it is to fit a warning alarm.
With that in mind we’ve teamed up with GTi Limited to offer ten winners of this month’s competition a carbon monoxide alarm, each worth £19.99.
The FireAngel CO-9X is a small, light device that can be hung on walls or placed on any surface. And, as it’s portable, you can use it at home then take it with you to your boat.
Like a smoke detector, if it sniffs the presence of carbon monoxide gas it sounds an alarm to warn you and lights up an LED display.
For your chance to win a FireAngel CO-9X alarm, simply answer the question below and send it along with your name, address and contact number to email@example.com. Closing date is 14 March.
For more information on the FireAngel alarm or to buy one if you’re not lucky enough to win one, visit safeeco.co.ukHow often should you check a carbon monoxide alarm?
Once a day
Once a week
- 1 Narrowboat Living: Space-Saving Solutions
- 2 10 of the best pubs along: the Rivers Lee and Stort
- 3 Linking Lichfield: the Lichfield Canal restoration
- 4 Halloween on the canal: spooky 2021 events for boaters
- 5 The waterways heritage spotter: narrow gauge railway tracks
- 6 Boat test: “Oyster Catcher” the permanent house boat
- 7 Winifred: a 1980s hire boat refit with reclaimed wood
- 8 CRT licence fees up but widebeams pay more
- 9 Cruise guide | Chesterfield Canal
- 10 Cruise Guide | Grand Union Canal, Part 2 | Braunston to Marsworth
Once a month
The prize is a FireAngel CO-9X carbon monoxide alarm, price £19.99. There is no cash alternative. Entrants must be over 18. Entries are limited to one per household. The Editor’s decision is final and no correspondence can be entered into. For full t&cs click here. Employees or agents of Archant Specialist and GTi Limited are not eligible to enter.
At times Archant may contact you with details of specific competitions or promotions. Please state ‘No Contact’ in the subject of you email if you do not wish to receive information from Archant or any of its partners.