10 of the best pubs along: the Chesterfield Canal
- Credit: Martin Ludgate
Our insiders guide to 10 of the best pubs to be found along the Chesterfield canal... check out the Chesterfield Canal cruise guide here and start planning your UK canal narrowboat getaway!
Waterfront Inn, West Stockwith.
By the canal basin.
Friendly pub and restaurant with real ale and outside seating with view of basin
Blue Bell High Street, Gringley on the Hill.
15 mins south of Bridge 75 and turn right.
Village pub and restaurant (pies a speciality) with real ale and garden
Brewers Arms, Town Street, Clayworth.
5 mins north west of Bridge 67.
Welcoming 18th century village pub with real ale and locally sourced food
Boat Inn, Hayton.
By Bridge 66.
Traditional country inn with local real ales, food and canalside garden
Hop Pole, Retford.
By Bridge 59.
Refurbished and reopened after long closure, now a gastropub with locally sourced food, real ale and waterside terrace
Chequers Inn, Ranby.
Canalside south of Bridge 51.
Village pub with local real ale, food all day, waterside terrace
- 1 Cruise Guide | Grand Union Canal, Part 2 | Braunston to Marsworth
- 2 Boat test: “Oyster Catcher” the permanent house boat
- 3 Moor up for a movie at Barby Moorings outdoor cinema!
- 4 5 stunning narrowboat holiday routes in the UK
- 5 The waterways heritage spotter: narrow gauge railway tracks
- 6 4 Interior Design Ideas for Your Narrowboat
- 7 Best pubs on: the Grand Union Canal, between Birmingham & Napton
- 8 Cruise Guide | Grand Union Canal, Part 3 | Tring summit to the Thames
- 9 Boat test: 'Whitsuntide No2' hybrid 52ft canal boat by Trinity Boats
- 10 Winifred: a 1980s hire boat refit with reclaimed wood
Dukeries Brewery Tap, Newcastle Avenue, Worksop.
10 mins south of Bridge 42 and right.
Micro brewery bar, range of real ales, music Sat. Open Tue/Fri/Sat only.
Lock Keeper, Worksop.
By Lock 48.
Popular Brewers Fayre family pub with food (including children's menu), real ale and garden
Woodhouse Inn, Shireoaks Road, Rhodesia.
2 mins north of Bridge 40.
Recently refurbished family run and family-friendly pub with local real ales, affordable food and garden
The Station, Kiveton Park.
Across railway level crossing from Bridge 31.
Refurbished former railway hotel with real ale, reasonably priced pub food, outdoor terrace