- Credit: Archant
Did you know that over 1.5 million supermarket trolleys are abandoned in the UK each year?
And we all know how many end up in the canal to cause us delay or damage.
Working for the main supermarket chains, Trolleywise is a national retrieval service which has recovered almost a million of the offending items since it started and it has now launched a new app for you to report any you find.
All you have to do is photograph the and the app uses the phone’s GPS system to tell the recovery team where to pick it up within the next 24 hours.
For every trolley recovered, the company makes a donation to the charity Trees for Cities – plus there’s a monthly prize draw in which you could win £100 of retail vouchers.
Available for iPhone and Android, you can download the app for free from trolleywise.co.uk
- 1 Second-hand canal boats for sale
- 2 Boat test: 'Whitsuntide No2' hybrid 52ft canal boat by Trinity Boats
- 3 ‘Let boaters sleep aboard’ says CRT chief
- 4 10 pubs on the River Wey Navigation
- 5 Boat test: Mothership Marine’s solar-powered semi-trad
- 6 5 stunning narrowboat holiday routes in the UK
- 7 YouTubers are first to complete IWA Silver Propeller Challenge
- 8 Boat test: “Oyster Catcher” the permanent house boat
- 9 Restoring & reopening the Wendover Arm of Grand Union Canal
- 10 Linking Lichfield: the Lichfield Canal restoration