RCR loses offices in fireworks fire
- Credit: Archant
A massive fire at a Staffordshire fireworks company yesterday (30 October) gutted the offices of River Canal Rescue, destroying all stock and membership documents
RCR Managing Director Stephanie Horton (pictured) was in the office at the time of the explosions, which blasted outside her front door. She managed to escape and was treated for smoke inhalation.
“Although we’ve lost everything and our emergency lines are down, our database is up and running and callouts will continue to be answered. Boat owners in need of assistance can contact us on 01785 785680.”
The blaze at the premises on the Baswich Industrial Estate, Tilcon Avenue, took around three hours to bring under control and at its peak, was tackled by a team of 50 fire fighters.
Steph concedes she and those in nearby offices had a lucky escape and is thankful more weren’t injured. “Our business continuity plans ensure we’re able to help those who need us - we’ll do our best to keep things running smoothly,” she said.