PSP Southampton Boat Show
- Credit: onEdition
With only a couple of weeks until the PSP Southampton Boat Show the port is already buzzing with the build up for the show – and we’re looking forward to it.
The marina is virtually complete and will include some 260 boats this year including, we’re delighted to say, a Sea Otter which will be flying the flag for narrowboats and the inland waterways. Other inland companies exhibiting will include ASAP Supplies, EP Barrus (engines), Beta Marine, Engines Plus, Hybrid Marine, Mermaid Marine, Nanni and Vetus to name just a few.
Almost 100 other boats are scheduled to make their debut, including an unprecedented 28 world launches. These will range from small dinghy tenders such as the FoldAway 8 and the NautiRaid Coracle 250, to some of the world’s most desirable sailing and motor yachts such as the Bavaria Vision 42 and Gunfleet 58. There will also be impressive luxury motor yacht launches from Princess, Sunseeker and Fairline.
Of course it’s not just about the boats, finding the right equipment for your time on the water is essential and overall there will be more than 582 exhibitors at the ten-day show, which opens on 13 September. Passionate and knowledgeable experts will be on hand to offer advice for anything you need to know – whether it’s engine type or comparisons, to construction and all the bits and pieces you need to equip a boat.
And if you’re hunting for a bargain, don’t forget that there will be plenty of chandlers offering show deals on various products.
However you like to get out on the water, whether it’s simply paddling along in a canoe, meandering along in a cruiser of narrowboat on the rivers or the canals, the show might well have just the bit of kit you need to help you get more out of your boating.
For more information go to www.southamptonboatshow.com
- 1 Second-hand canal boats for sale
- 2 10 of the best pubs along: Grand Union Canal, Braunston to Marsworth
- 3 Boat test: 'Whitsuntide No2' hybrid 52ft canal boat by Trinity Boats
- 4 10 pubs on the River Wey Navigation
- 5 ‘Let boaters sleep aboard’ says CRT chief
- 6 Restoring & reopening the Wendover Arm of Grand Union Canal
- 7 5 stunning narrowboat holiday routes in the UK
- 8 Cruise Guide | Grand Union Canal, Part 2 | Braunston to Marsworth
- 9 Best pubs on: the Grand Union Canal, between Birmingham & Napton
- 10 Boat test: Mothership Marine’s solar-powered semi-trad