Get set for the London Boat Show
- Credit: Archant
If you’re interested in innovation on the water, the place this to be week is the London Boat Show – 77 boats will make their debut, there will be a raft of technology launches and there will be some fascinating high-tech show firsts.
At the front of the show, for example, super-sensitive sensors in a Control the Weather feature will detect body movement stopping a curtain of rain falling and allowing visitors to walk through – it’s a rather neat idea.
A 4D Experience, meanwhile, will ‘challenge the senses’ as people walk through a number of nautical locations; from the heat of the tropics to the cold, icy blow of the Arctic, to the beauty of the Northern Lights, the experience is aimed at assailing the senses in what’s being called a ‘stunning’ HD experience.
The show, sponsored by forex specialist CWM FX, will be hosting world firsts across the marine industry, from rowing boats right up to the latest in luxury yachts. Several dedicated boardwalks dotted around the halls will allow visitors to step onto a variety of craft including Viking, Elan, Haines Marine, Jeanneau, Dehler Yachts, Moody Yachts, J Boats, Grand Soleil, Tofinou Yachts, Nautitech and Bavaria.
Of course the London show isn’t only about the boats, there will also be plenty of other companies, many of them familiar to canal and river boat owner; names such as the IWA, Vetus, Beta, Barrus, Nanni, Haven Knox-Johnson, Aquafax, Webasto, Eberspacher, ASAP Supplies, BWML, Bisham Abbey, Nauticalia and Tingdene Marinas will be displaying everything from engines to exhausts, heating to holidays, and cookers to chandlery items – and there should be some good deals, too.
The show runs from 9-18 January at ExCel and will be open from 10am until 6pm every day, with late evening opening until 8pm on Thursday 15 Jan.
To find out more about what’s on at the show, go to londonboatshow.com/2015/home
- 1 Second-hand canal boats for sale
- 2 10 of the best pubs along: Grand Union Canal, Braunston to Marsworth
- 3 Boat test: 'Whitsuntide No2' hybrid 52ft canal boat by Trinity Boats
- 4 10 pubs on the River Wey Navigation
- 5 ‘Let boaters sleep aboard’ says CRT chief
- 6 5 stunning narrowboat holiday routes in the UK
- 7 Weekend visits: a trip down Basingstoke canal
- 8 Cruise Guide | Grand Union Canal, Part 2 | Braunston to Marsworth
- 9 Restoring & reopening the Wendover Arm of Grand Union Canal
- 10 Best pubs on: the Grand Union Canal, between Birmingham & Napton