Aqueduct fun day
Family Fun Day at Aqueduct in July
Church Minshull Aqueduct Marina holds its fourth annual Family Fun Day On Sunday 21 July 2013 from 10am to 4pm.
The Marina will be showcasing its boating services along with boats for sale. Boat craft demonstrations will include rope and fender making. Cabin lace and old-fashioned bonnet-making will be demonstrated and some historic boats will be open to view, including the Shroppie Fly Boat Saturn.
Visitors will be able to have a go with model boats on the water, and a working model of the Anderton Boat Lift will be on view.
The Shropshire Union Canal Society will have a display about the history of the canal and will be offering boat trips.
- 1 Linking Lichfield: the Lichfield Canal restoration
- 2 Narrowboat Living: Space-Saving Solutions
- 3 Updated canal boat licence conditions introduced June 2021
- 4 Cruise Guide | Grand Union Canal, Part 2 | Braunston to Marsworth
- 5 Stormin' Norman: singlehandedly navigating the waterways, aged 86
- 6 4 Interior Design Ideas for Your Narrowboat
- 7 Winifred: a 1980s hire boat refit with reclaimed wood
- 8 Canal heritage spotter: Hooks and pulleys
- 9 Winter flooding at the Calder & Hebble Navigation
- 10 The waterways heritage spotter: narrow gauge railway tracks
Kids will have plenty of fun with a bouncy castle, face-painting, children's crafts, circus entertainments and a dog show.
The Cheese Boat will be selling their wide range of interesting cheeses from their mooring canalside.
For more see aquaductmarina.co.uk