Aqueduct fun day
Family Fun Day at Aqueduct in July
Church Minshull Aqueduct Marina holds its fourth annual Family Fun Day On Sunday 21 July 2013 from 10am to 4pm.
The Marina will be showcasing its boating services along with boats for sale. Boat craft demonstrations will include rope and fender making. Cabin lace and old-fashioned bonnet-making will be demonstrated and some historic boats will be open to view, including the Shroppie Fly Boat Saturn.
Visitors will be able to have a go with model boats on the water, and a working model of the Anderton Boat Lift will be on view.
The Shropshire Union Canal Society will have a display about the history of the canal and will be offering boat trips.
- 1 Second-hand canal boats for sale
- 2 Boat test: 'Whitsuntide No2' hybrid 52ft canal boat by Trinity Boats
- 3 ‘Let boaters sleep aboard’ says CRT chief
- 4 10 pubs on the River Wey Navigation
- 5 Boat test: Mothership Marine’s solar-powered semi-trad
- 6 5 stunning narrowboat holiday routes in the UK
- 7 Ask the experts: My narrowboat is damp and stained
- 8 CRT licence fees up but widebeams pay more
- 9 YouTubers are first to complete IWA Silver Propeller Challenge
- 10 Boat test: “Oyster Catcher” the permanent house boat
Kids will have plenty of fun with a bouncy castle, face-painting, children's crafts, circus entertainments and a dog show.
The Cheese Boat will be selling their wide range of interesting cheeses from their mooring canalside.
For more see aquaductmarina.co.uk