Applications open for Buckinghamshire Canal running festival
- Credit: Archant
Sign up, get your trainers on and prepare for a picturesque half marathon or 10k
Following the success of last year’s inaugural event, the Two Arms on Two Legs running festival returns on Sunday 10 September.
There will be a half marathon and a 10k challenge along the Aylesbury and Wendover Arms of the Grand Union Canal in Buckinghamshire.
Anyone who signs up in February will get the early bird price of £10 (normally £15 for the half marathon and £13 for the 10k). Discounts are available for those affiliated with running clubs or members of England Athletics.
All events start at Oakfield Park in Aylesbury – where there will also be a family fun run. The half marathon starts at 10am and finishes at Walnut/Mercers Meadow in Wendover. The 10k begins at 11am, with the finish line at Startops Reservoir, Marsworth. Shuttle buses will get everyone back to Aylesbury.
“Whether you’re a seasoned pro or have just caught the running bug, this event is aimed at you,” says Joe Sammon, sports participation manager at the Canal & River Trust, who is organising the event alongside Aylesbury based running club On the Run, with support from Sport England and the People’s Postcode Lottery.
“With relatively flat towpaths and the region’s beautiful countryside to explore there really isn’t a better place to enjoy a leisurely jaunt.”
For more information, go to the Canal & River Trust website.
- 1 Linking Lichfield: the Lichfield Canal restoration
- 2 Narrowboat Living: Space-Saving Solutions
- 3 Updated canal boat licence conditions introduced June 2021
- 4 Cruise Guide | Grand Union Canal, Part 2 | Braunston to Marsworth
- 5 Stormin' Norman: singlehandedly navigating the waterways, aged 86
- 6 4 Interior Design Ideas for Your Narrowboat
- 7 Winifred: a 1980s hire boat refit with reclaimed wood
- 8 Canal heritage spotter: Hooks and pulleys
- 9 Winter flooding at the Calder & Hebble Navigation
- 10 The waterways heritage spotter: narrow gauge railway tracks
You may also like: