10 reasons you need to go to the Folksail Festival this weekend!
- Credit: Archant
This weekend the Yorkshire Waterways Museum is hosting its annual Folksail Festival. Here are 10 reasons why you need to go.
There will be LIVE MUSIC
A sound stage and an engineer will be available for featured artists and open Mic slots (slots still available).
Arrrr’ have some swashbuckling fun with the famous performing pirates from Withernsea.
Visiting Heritage Boats
Get your cameras ready because these boats are beautiful.
- 1 Linking Lichfield: the Lichfield Canal restoration
- 2 Narrowboat Living: Space-Saving Solutions
- 3 Cruise Guide | Grand Union Canal, Part 2 | Braunston to Marsworth
- 4 Updated canal boat licence conditions introduced June 2021
- 5 Stormin' Norman: singlehandedly navigating the waterways, aged 86
- 6 4 Interior Design Ideas for Your Narrowboat
- 7 Canal heritage spotter: Hooks and pulleys
- 8 Winter flooding at the Calder & Hebble Navigation
- 9 Boat test: “Oyster Catcher” the permanent house boat
- 10 The waterways heritage spotter: narrow gauge railway tracks
Goole Model Boat Club
Have-a-Go Model Boats.
Because what boating festival would be complete without a boat trip?
Children’s Fun Zone
Keep the kids happy and entertained with loads of fun activities and face painting.
Trade and Craft stalls
Lots of wonderful stalls to browse through – you might even find a souvenir to take home.
Café and BBQ
BBQ… need we say more?
Fully Licensed Bar
Relax and enjoy a cold beer or a glass of wine.
Most importantly…It’s Free!
The Yorkshire Waterways Museum
01405 768 730