10 reasons you need to go to the Folksail Festival this weekend!
- Credit: Archant
This weekend the Yorkshire Waterways Museum is hosting its annual Folksail Festival. Here are 10 reasons why you need to go.
There will be LIVE MUSIC
A sound stage and an engineer will be available for featured artists and open Mic slots (slots still available).
Arrrr’ have some swashbuckling fun with the famous performing pirates from Withernsea.
Visiting Heritage Boats
Get your cameras ready because these boats are beautiful.
- 1 Second-hand canal boats for sale
- 2 10 of the best pubs along: Grand Union Canal, Braunston to Marsworth
- 3 Boat test: 'Whitsuntide No2' hybrid 52ft canal boat by Trinity Boats
- 4 10 pubs on the River Wey Navigation
- 5 ‘Let boaters sleep aboard’ says CRT chief
- 6 5 stunning narrowboat holiday routes in the UK
- 7 Weekend visits: a trip down Basingstoke canal
- 8 Cruise Guide | Grand Union Canal, Part 2 | Braunston to Marsworth
- 9 Restoring & reopening the Wendover Arm of Grand Union Canal
- 10 Best pubs on: the Grand Union Canal, between Birmingham & Napton
Goole Model Boat Club
Have-a-Go Model Boats.
Because what boating festival would be complete without a boat trip?
Children’s Fun Zone
Keep the kids happy and entertained with loads of fun activities and face painting.
Trade and Craft stalls
Lots of wonderful stalls to browse through – you might even find a souvenir to take home.
Café and BBQ
BBQ… need we say more?
Fully Licensed Bar
Relax and enjoy a cold beer or a glass of wine.
Most importantly…It’s Free!
The Yorkshire Waterways Museum
01405 768 730